Visitation and ceremony with body present in a casket.
Funeral director co-ordination of activities: $950
- Professional consultation with licensed funeral director, including, but not limited to, expert advice on options to meet your needs. Co-ordination of all activities, rites and ceremonies, before, during and after they have been provided, including services and supplies provided by us, as well as those provided by third party suppliers, such as flowers and death notices.
- Includes registration of death, forms related to cremation, unlimited proof of death certificates, record keeping and complementary assistance with:
- CPP (Canadian Pension Plan) death benefit application (if applicable)
- CPP survivor application (if applicable)
- Notifying CPP and OAS (Old Age Security) to cease payments
Transport of deceased from place of death to the funeral home: $300
- This covers a 100 km radius from St. Marys (beyond that distance, $3 per km one way will be charged)
Embalming: $450 (if opted out of, basic preparation fee will be charged $200)
- Embalming is the process of replacing blood and bodily fluids with chemical preservatives. It is a process of sanitation, restoration and temporary preservation. Embalming is not legally required, but may be recommended to preserve the body between the time of death and the visitation or disposition of the deceased. Our professional funeral director will make a recommendation based on the condition of the body and expected service needs. The Andrew L. Hodges Funeral Home does make it policy that embalming be performed if there is going to be a public visitation or funeral where a person’s body is being viewed and/or if a person’s body must be kept in winter storage for spring burial. The Andrew L. Hodges Funeral Home is one of the few funeral homes which guarantee embalming work done. This means, outside of mandatory embalming situations, if a family requests embalming, but then decides to close the casket for public visitation, the embalming fee will be reduced to the basic preparation fee of $200.
Facilities at the funeral home to shelter the deceased until time of transfer to the cemetery: $120
- $65 for each half hour of visiting,
- $70 for each half hour of visiting
- If the ceremony is t an outside location, the fee is $300 for set-up and use of any equipment needed
Van Hearse: $200
Total of Service fee: $3605
Fee does not include:
- Additional 1/2 hour visitations
- Casket Selection, click here to view selection
- Casket Vault (if required by the cemetery), click here to view selection
- Stationary selection, click here to view selection
- HST (13% on funeral home service fee and supplies)
- Outside costs, click here to view possible outside costs