Receiving Service fee
When death occurs at a distance from St. Marys. Receiving of remains for the purpose of funeral ceremony and/or burial.
Funeral director co-ordination of activities: $800
- Professional consultation with licensed funeral director and co-ordination of activities.
- For airline shipment, the Hodges Funeral will call on McKinnon & Bowes, a transfer service operator that specializes in shipment of remains. Their fee will be an outside cost.
- Includes record keeping and complementary assistance with:
- CPP (Canadian Pension Plan) death benefit application (if applicable)
- CPP survivor application (if applicable)
- Notifying CPP and OAS (Old Age Security) to cease payments
Transport of deceased from either airport or other funeral home: $300
- This covers a 100 km radius from St. Marys (beyond that distance, $3 per km one way will be charged)
Facilities at the funeral home to shelter the deceased until time of transfer to the cemetery: $120
$65 for each half hour of visiting,
$70 for each half hour of visiting
- If the ceremony is at an outside location, the fee is $300 for set-up and use of any equipment needed
Van Hearse: $200
Total of Service fee: $2830
Fee does not include:
- HST (13% on funeral home service fee and supplies)
- Outside costs, click here to view possible outside costs
- Fee from McKinnon & Bowes for their co-ordination costs involved with shipment. At time of need McKinnon & Bowes will be contacted at the time of need to obtain a quote.